Goldbell Group Launches Move.SG : Singapore's First Mobility Accelerator Programme to Champion Mobility Start-Ups
- Goldbell has joined Enterprise Singapore’s Start-up SG Accelerator initiative with its Move.SG accelerator programme – South East Asia’s leading mobility-focused accelerator programme for mobility and transport start-ups from all over the world.
- The programme provides unprecedented mentorship and investment opportunities with leading transport companies, and participants are set to receive all the support they need to bring their innovative mobility solutions to life.
- The first intake of the programme is on-going, and has drawn more than 50 applications thus far.
Singapore’s largest player in leasing and distribution of commercial and industrial vehicles, Goldbell Group, is pleased to unveil Move.SG – South East Asia’s leading mobility accelerator programme which offers participants immense flexibility while presenting them valuable access to leading global and regional transport, energy, mobility and engineering companies. Move.SG has been launched in Singapore in August 2019 with the support of key industry partners such as Shell, Avis Budget Group, ComfortDelGro, Momentum VC, Airmaker and Enterprise Singapore, with the intention to catalyse the growth of future technology champions in the area of mobility, transport and logistics and push for solutions to real problems in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific.
Says Arthur Chua, CEO of Goldbell Group, “We started Move.SG with the intention to pilot and nurture mobility solutions and business models in smart cities all around Asia. With our extensive and highly developed transport network as well as the government’s strong push towards the transformation of Singapore into a smart nation, Singapore is a perfect sandbox for disruptive mobility solutions to be created, tested and perfected. We look forward to working closely with Enterprise Singapore and our global partners to discover these start-ups and provide them with an unprecedented opportunity to pilot these ideas in Singapore and beyond, ultimately growing them into the next giants in mobility.”
Move.SG is currently the only mobility accelerator among partners participating in Enterprise Singapore’s Startup SG Accelerator initiative, and the first mobility accelerator in Singapore that is run by a homegrown leading mobility business. Goldbell has more than 40 years of
experience in Singapore and Asia, and can therefore offer successful applicants a one-year programme like no other:
- access to Goldbell’s own fleet of more than 8,500 commercial and passenger vehicles; mentorship by Goldbell’s team of international mobility experts;
- pilot opportunities with Goldbell and MoveSG’s leading corporate partners: Shell, Avis Budget Group, ComfortDelGro, Momentum VC (corporate venture arm of SMRT) and Airmaker (a subsidiary of Ascendas-Singbridge); and
- a tangible opportunity to secure investments from the programme itself or venture partners.
Additionally, international applicants do not need to relocate physically to Singapore immediately – they have the flexibility of doing so at their own pace when their regional business starts to pick up.
Mr Ted Tan, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Enterprise Singapore, said “As a participant of the Scale-up SG programme 1 , Goldbell has continued to demonstrate its strong growth ambitions, with this latest accelerator programme that focuses on future mobility, a nascent It is a programme that helps aspiring, high-growth local companies scale rapidly, to become leaders in their fields and be groomed into future global champions.
growth area that has good potential to take off in urban environments such as Singapore. We look forward to Goldbell’s partnership with startups to develop practical and innovative solutions that will not only change the way we live and move around, but also revolutionise the local mobility ecosystem to create new growth opportunities and efficiencies for our transport and logistics industry.” More than 50 applications have been received since the launch of Move.SG. Among the confirmed companies, include:
- Neo Aeronautics Pte. Ltd. who is in the midst of developing the platforms for autonomous personal aerial vehicles (PAV) and drones for logistics; Carmen Automotive Pte. Ltd. who uses predictive technology to catch vehicle issues before they happen, utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Analytics to extract meaningful and actionable data to serve B2B operators such as automotive workshops and motor insurances allowing them to know exactly when, why, what and how to serve the client
- Resembler Pte. Ltd. that is developing an Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform that learns the patterns of road accidents and teaches autonomous vehicles to avoid potential danger.
- Web2Ship Inc. provides affordable ad-hoc postal and courier services through crowdshipping. Allowing small- and medium-size e-tailers or personal senders to manage their shipment easily via Web2ship’s mobile or online platform, equipped with order management tools and automation.
Applications for this batch of the programme are open until end of September 2019. Please
see Annex A for the programme details.
About Goldbell Group
Goldbell Group is Singapore’s largest player in leasing and distribution of commercial and industrial vehicles. Literally a driving force behind Singapore’s growing economy, Goldbell has been providing industry-wide transport and logistic solutions – passenger and commercial vehicles, as well as material handling equipment – for nearly four decades. The company’s diversified business portfolio operates under three main business pillars: Distribution, Leasing, and Financial Services, which deliver a suite of total business solutions (vehicle and equipment sales, leasing, financing, aftersales service, spare parts, insurance, and equipment usage training, as well as fleet management services).
Understanding the importance of innovating its core business through tech and the need to venture into new capabilities to future proof its business. Goldbell Group sets up a Future Mobility division with the vision to be a leading player in the future mobility landscape for smart cities. Tapping the Group’s domain knowledge, it assesses and deploys innovative and functional technologies that complement and advances its core business. Looking beyond its existing ecosystem, it invests in disruptive start-ups through an evergreen corporate venture capital fund, operates an accelerator to groom promising start-ups with the help of a network of strong corporate partners in the region and establish new businesses such as a shared mobility technology company and an autonomous warehousing solutions company.
Goldbell Group is one of the high-growth local companies identified by Enterprise Singapore to be part
of the Scale Up SG programme.
Goldbell – Always committed to putting you right at the heart of what we do.
About Goldbell Investments
Goldbell Investments is the global corporate venture capital fund of Goldbell Group that is focused on seeking out visionary entrepreneurs with high-potential disruptive technologies for the Asian markets. Established in 2017 with the purpose of growing early stage mobility-related start-ups in Singapore and from around the world. It provides funding to promising start-up companies that demonstrate strong leadership and are at their growth stage with commercial-ready products.
Goldbell Investments additionally brings to its investments a wealth of knowledge of the mobility business and expertise in building thriving businesses. Start-ups will be able to leverage on Goldbell’s strong understanding of both traditional and future mobility domains, its network of partners across the region, and more importantly opportunities to pilot test their new technologies. To date Goldbell Investments has invested in 17 companies from Singapore, Israel, U.S. India and the United Kingdom with technologies from vehicle charging technologies and AI-based undercarriage maintenance, to cyber security, accident prediction algorithms, security threat scanning, vehicle to medical insight, levitating pods, and fintech.